Weddings

I am a photojournalistic wedding photographer based in Saint Louis, Missouri. I believe there is a wedding photographer for every couple and I want everyone to have the best experience. My couples are a mix between creatives, artists, and the adventurous. They appreciate the non-traditional and want to have candid, artistic, and intimate photos of their big day to look back on. Most importantly, they just want to have tons of cool photos capturing the day exactly as it was.

I shoot 90% in a photojournalistic style so you will be free to enjoy your day and not worry about having to pose. The other 10% will be beautiful portraits of you and your families. Do you love photography so much that you want to spend an extra 2-3 hours on portraits of just you two that day? Sounds amazing to me – let’s work it into the timeline! The rest of the day, I work quietly so that you and your guests hardly know that I am there – the perfect mix of photojournalism and fine art wedding photography.

Rates

I shoot weddings in Saint Louis, Kansas City, New York City, Nashville, and all over the Midwest – I go where my couples are. Contact me to receive my full price list and to get the conversation started.

Process

I accept only a limited number of weddings a year. For this reason, I book on a first come, first serve basis. Until both the signed contract and retainer are received, I do continue to accept inquiries for your date. Once both are received, I am officially all yours!

Let's Meet

I don’t want to just be another vendor to cross off your lengthy to-do list. I like to spend time getting to know my couples. I want to know how you met, what a typical date night includes, and I am happy to give any advice from my experience to help make your day stress free and kick ass. If you live in Saint Louis, let’s meet up over coffee or a bourbon when you first inquire. And if you live thousands of miles from STL, let’s have a video chat. It’s the perfect opportunity to ask each other any questions before you book and, more importantly, to make sure we’re a great fit for one another.

LIFESTYLE

After 7 amazing years living in Brooklyn, my husband Drew and I packed up our teeny apartment and moved back to our hometown of Saint Louis to raise our baby Dorothy (Dot). When I’m not photographing shooting weddings or photographing families, you can find me reading my favorite home design blogs, going on stroller walks in the neighborhood, or sharing stories with my friends at book club [aka wine club].

Most of my families are a mix between creatives, designers, and are easy going people up for anything. They appreciate the non-traditional and want to have simple, modern, and candid photos that capture their unique family dynamic. They aren’t worried about looking perfect or posing in matching clothes. Most of all, they just want to create lasting memories of this crazy time in their lives.

FROM MY OWN EXPERIENCE

When my daughter was born, I suddenly became obsessed with capturing her in our home in a simple, authentic way so I could look back on where we are in this stage of our lives and just feel it. I loved photographing my husband holding her and rocking her to sleep in those first few weeks of her life. After she was born I was a weepy mess, carrying 20 extra pounds, and could barely muster the energy to wash my face, let alone put on makeup. But I became bummed thinking that hiding behind the camera would mean that someday she wouldn’t have photos of me holding her. Or chasing her around the house. I am now making it my mission to have photos of our entire family once a year. No matter how many extra pounds I am still carrying.

That’s where you come in. Sure, you could take your own photos on a tripod or sometimes your phone is the best camera you have. But will you look back on those blurry, small photos when your kids are grown up? Would you have printed your iPhone photos to hang them on the wall? Probably not. So let’s fix that!

INVESTMENT

Pricing ranges from $300 – $1000 for most lifestyle sessions. Please contact me for my detailed pricing guide.

ADDITIONAL INFO

Every session is a flat rate and includes the edited full resolution images made available via digital download, a custom online gallery to send to the out of town family, and full print rights. You’ll be able to easily order inexpensive prints through the gallery that are delivered directly to your doorstep. I don’t set a limit on the number of images you will receive, but you can expect anywhere from 50-75+ final images depending on the length of your session (and the cooperation of your kiddos).

Have an idea for a unique family session? Let me know and I’m game!

ALL MATERIAL © 2017 CASSIDY PARKER SMITH. SITE BY JANE REACTION + ALCHEMY+AIM